Along with my academic work, I labour to add to the quality of decision-makers in public sector. After over 15 years in political consulting and program development, I agree with the following statement of Immanuel Kant:
“That kings should philosophize or philosophers become kings is not to be expected.
Nor is it to be wished, since the possession of power inevitably corrupts the untrammeled judgment of reason. But kings or kinglike peoples which rule themselves under laws of equality should not suffer the class of philosophers to disappear or to be silent, but should let them speak openly.
This is indispensable to the enlightenment of the business of government, and, since the class of philosophers is by nature incapable of plotting and lobbying, it is above suspicion of being made up of propagandists.”
Immanuel Kant, Perpetual Peace: A Philosophical Sketch (1795)
As a consultant, I work with individuals, political parties and national/international agencies in the following areas:
- Leadership Support and Guidance, Personal Development of Public Leaders
- Political Analysis for International and National Agencies
- Building Effectiveness for Political/Electoral Campaigns
- Development of Charitable Organizations and NGOs
So far my clients were MPs, ministers, governors, public leaders, parties, and international development organizations from Germany, Russia, Ukraine, and USA. My advice is motivated by the will to assist to clients in reaching their goals and add to the common good.
– United Nations Development Programme : support for analysis of perspectives for democracy and Human Rights is Ukraine
– Kesarev and Partners : Political Analysis for economic agents (private reporting)
Cited by the international press and think tanks:
- Foreign Policy:
- Kiev Fuels War too, February 2017
- Is Russia Assassinating Eastern Ukraine’s Warlords?, October 2016
- The New York TImes:
- More Than a War of Words, February 2016
- 2 More Officers Die in Violent Protest Over Autonomy for East Ukraine, August 2015
- Tempered Cheers in Ukraine for Ex-Premier, Tied to Political Past, March 2014
- Ukraine’s Battle for Europe, November 2013
- La Stampa:
- Corierre della Sera:
- L’Ucraina sarà sacrificata nel patto tra Trump e Putin?, February 2017
- Le Monde:
- En Ukraine, la “révolution de la dignité” a abouti à la corruption, au nationalisme et au déclin des libertés, 1 September 2017
- Kiev organise la cohabitation avec ses « territoires occupés », March 2017
- En Ukraine, les réformes en zigzag de Porochenko, November 2016
- Volodymyr Hroïsman, un proche du président Porochenko, devient premier ministre de l’Ukraine, 14 April 2016
- Manœuvres et coups de théâtre au Parlement ukrainien, February 2016
- L’étonnante renaissance ukrainienne de Saakachvili, November 2016
- A la recherche des Lumières perdues, November 2015
- Les volontaires ukrainiens gagnés par la rancœur, April 2015
- En Ukraine, l’influence pesante des oligarques, October 2014Carnegie Europe:
- Conference on Ukraine’s Reforms, April 29, 2016
- Ukraine From Revolution of Dignity to Government of Shame, April 2016
- The EU’s Benign Neglect of Eastern Europe, January 2016
- interview (with among many other experts) “Is Ukraine a lost cause?“, February 2016
- Institute of World Politcy: Top 10 Ukraine’s Promoters in the World – 2014, January 2015
- Diplomatic Courier: Ukraine’s Failed Anti-Corruption Crusaid, August 2015
Policy publications, reports and media presentations:
- My chapter on Russia’s Ukrainian Policy impact on Eastern European international order is published in ISPI Report on Russia, July 2016.
- an article ‘Too Soft Power: Ukrainian cultural diplomacy in Italy (in Ukr: Надто м’яка влада: результати української культурної дипломатії в Італії, 2014–2015 рр.)‘ published in Agora, #16, 2016.
- a report on ‘Creation of conflict-resolution system in the Eastern Europe’ at the 2015-2016 Jean Monnet Seminars on European Security in Ukraine, 2 April 2016 in Kiev.
- a report on “Common trends of political development in Eurasian post-Soviet countries” at the Conference ‘The European Union and the Eurasian Economic Union: moving towards cooperation’ organized by DILHPS, University of Milano, on 7 March 2016.
- an overview “Post-Soviet parliamentarian drama: a view from ‘the gods’ in Kiev“, openDemocracy, February 23, 2016
- an analytical paper ‘A Decisive Turn? Risks for Ukrainian Democracy After the Euromaidan‘ is published at the Carnegie Endowment for Peace, February 3, 2016.
- article “Ukraine is caught between war and reform“, OpenDemocracy, November 26, 2015.
- Interview for Radio France Internations, ‘We are doomed for a compromise‘, 13/08.2015
- interview on Ukrainian Society in Times of War, Delo.Ua, August 25, 2016.
- article on Ukrainian liberal parties and DemAlliance, openDemocracy, August 15, 2016.
- interview on Post-Soviet Disorder for Russian Financial TV, August 9, 2016.
- article on Dangers of post-Soviet Presidential Institutions (in Russian) for VoxUkraine, June 14, 2016.
- interview on Authoritarian Regimes in Central Asia (in Ukrainian) for Espresso.TV (23”-50”), May 28, 2016.
- interview on Authoritarian Trend in Ukraine (in Russian) for Ukrlife.Tv, May 27, 2016.
- interview on Ukraine’s chaotic modernization (in Ukrainian) for Idealist TV, April 2016.
- article ‘Ukraine From Revolution of Dignity to Government of Shame‘ (in English), Carnegie.EU, April 11, 2016
- publiation of photocollection ‘Post-Soviet Leisure‘ in Minima Ukrainica, April 3, 2016
- interview on Routes of Ukrainian Corruption (in Russian), Aru TV (Estonia), March 23, 2016
- interview on Russia as Source of Demodernization in Post-Soviet Region (in Russian), Aru TV (Estonia), March 18, 2016
- interview on Drama of Ukrainian Politics (in Russian), Aru TV (Estonia), March 7, 2016
- article “Ukrainian constitution: reform or crisis?” (in co-authorship with Matyna Stavniichuk), open Democracy, February 16, 2016
- interview to Liga.Net on Ukrainian political trends, 5.02.2016
- report on the Major political trends in Ukraine-2015, Liga.Net, 8.02.2015
- article of trends in Ukrainian politcs and economy in 2015 (in co-authorship with Timofei Milovanov), Liga.net, February 8, 2016
- article of EU Ukraine’s policy “Letter from Kiev“, Carnegie.EU 06.11.2015
- article “Did the Orange Revolution teach us anything?“, Politeka.net, 22.10.2015
- The unlikely return of Yulia Tymoshenko, openDemocracy, 17.06.2015
- Ukraine and Lost Communities in Crimea and Donbas, Radio Liberty, 8.06.2015
- Requiem for Maidan, openDemocracy, 27.03.2015
- reporting on Ukrainian reforms at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (my part is dedicated to Politics and Justice reforms)
- article “Ukraine is caught between war and reform“, OpenDemocracy, November 26, 2015
- article on ‘Conflict in Eastern Europe: From War to Stable Peace’, Kennan Cable #11, August 28, 2015
- report on ‘Ukraine’s Domestic Politics’ at the Conference ‘Ukraine’s Place in Europe‘ organized by Kennan Institute and Columbia University in Kyiv, on May 28-29, 2015
- The New Ukrainian Exceptionalism (in co-authorship with Matthew Rojansky), Yale Global, 23.06.
- The unlikely return of Yulia Tymoshenko, openDemocracy, 17.06.
- Ukraine and Lost Communities in Crimea and Donbas, Radio Liberty, 8.06.
- Ukraine’s European Integration and Monument Vandalism, 112 Channell, 26.04.
- Strategic goals for Hromadske Telebachennia, Hromadske.TB, 8.04.
- Discussing Oligarchic Wars in Ukraine, Hromadske.TB, 29.03.
- Requiem for Maidan, openDemocracy, 27.03.
- Maidan vs War Programs and oligarchic rebirth (in Liga.net), 22.03.
- (in co-authorship with Ivan Kolodii) Ukrainian Sovereignty between Civic Activism and Oligarchic Renaissance (in Krytyka), 10.03.
- Civil Society should control, not substitute authorities (in Ukrainian), Tyzhden, 27.02.
- The Maidans aimed at increase of democracy and resulted with strengthened oligarchy, Dialogs, 25.02.15
- Ukraine, un an après. De la révolution à la guerre, L’École des hautes études en sciences sociales, January 22
- Hybrid Politics and Post-Soviet Ukraine (in Russian), Pastiche Project, Kiev, November 22
- Three Major Tendencies of politics in Ukraine in 2014 (in Russian), article in co-authorship with Ivan Kolodii for Liga.Net
- Results of Ukraine’s Political Development (in Ukrainian), Interview with Natalya Humenyuk, Hromadske.TV, December 22, 2014.