Thank you for visiting this site!
Here I report on recent events and keep materials that I find important to share with you!
- I am happy to share the good news: DAAD has approved my visiting professorship in Viadrina University for April 2017 – March 2018. I teach four courses in the first semester: 1) History of Modernity in Eastern Europe (XVII-XXI centuries), 2) History of Soviet nad Post-Soviet Eperments in Pltics and Economy, 3) History of Post-Soviet Un-Regognized States, 4) History of Soviet Philosophy (April – July 2017).
Recent academic reports and publications:
- I reported on Epistemological Significance of Collective Memory, Philosophical Workshop, Universita degli studi di Torino, June 7-9, 2017.
- My interview with Tatyana Shchyttsova on Ontology and Culture of War was published at Topos Jounral, June 2017.
- I have reported on Ideological Positions of the War-Affected Populations in Ukraine at Pisma Ukraina/ZOiS Workshop “Donbas Identities in Context: From Industrial Region to Zone of Conflict“, Forum Transregionale Studien (Berlin), 29 May 2017.
- I delivered report on 25 years development of post-Soviet societies at Ukrainian Consulate in Milan on 23 March 2017.
- I have reported on Experiment after Experiment: Post-Soviet Political Creativity at Pavia University on 21 March 2017.
- I delivered report on Modernization, Soviet style at an International Academic Conference “The Ambiguous Past. Soviet Legacy viewed through the Prysm of Modernization“, Kiev, 17-19 March 2017.
- I have delivered a lecture on Contemporary Euroscepticism in Big Europe at the Academy of Young Diplomats, European Academy of Diplomacy, Warsaw, on 3 March 2017.
- Prof. Filippini, Prof. Haran, Dr. Zolkina, and myself debated on Ukraine’s political development at Milano University on 23 February 2017.
- I was honoured to debate with Alexander Etkind and Leif Wenar on Wenar’s book ‘Blood Oil’ and nature of post-Soviet elites at European University Institute, Florence on 20 February 2017.
- My chapter “Novorossiya and the Transnationalism of Unrecognized Post-Soviet Nations” is published in Timm Beichelt, Susann Worschech (eds) Transnational Ukraine? Networks and Ties that Influence(d) Contemporary Ukraine, Stuttgart: ibidem-Verlag, 2017, 65-88.
- My chapter “Big Europe’s Gap: Dynamic Obstacles for Integration between European Union and Eurasian Economic Union” is published in Di Gregorio, A. and Angeli A. The Eurasian Economic Union and the European Union, Milan: Eleven International Publishing, 2017, 45-56.
- My article on parliamentary culture of post-Soviet societies is published in Krytyka (in Ukrainian), 25 January 2017.
- The new issue of Ideology and Politics Journal ‘Freedom and Militarism in Post-Soviet Societies‘ is published on December 2016; our (Isaac Webb and mine) Introduction gives a short overview of the issue.
- Theses of my report on Contemporary Euroscepticism (in Ukrainian) were published by Krytyka, 27 December 2016.
- I gave a public lecture on ‘Post-Soviet Social Experiements in Ukraine and Neighboring Countries‘ (in Ukrainian) on December 10, 2016 at the Center for Urban History in Eastern Europe (Lviv).
- We debated Nationalism in Ukraine and Europe (in Ukrianian) at the Halytsia Cult Seminar in Kharkoiv on 7 November 2016.
- We debated Values in Politics together with the colleagues from Ukrainian Catholic University at their new Kiew venue on 7 December 2016 (video in Ukrainian is here).
- I reported on ‘Post-Soviet Social Experiments’ at the “Political Development between Competing Empires: Ukraine, Georgia and Belarus in Search of Sustainable Political and Economic Orders», Kyiv, NaUKMA, 2-3 December 2016.
- I delivered a report on “On Construction of National Philosophies: Windelband’s History of Philosophy in the Context of European Cultural Wars” (in Ukrainian, video) at Skovoroda Institute of Philosophy, 11/11/2016.
- A report on New nationaisms of EU member-states was delivered at the Civic Forum “In search of lost universalism“, Moscow School of Political Studies and Council of Europe, Berlin, 16-17 October 2016.
- I reported on Raise of nationalism in the Western Europe at the Forum ‘New Contexts of the Old Ideas: Nationalism in todays World‘, Kharkiv, October 9, 2016.
- A paper “Euromaidan, War, and the Development of Ukraine’s Political System in 2014 -2015” is published at ‘Rimlands, Buffer Zones and Great Power Rivalry: Ukraine Conference Papers’ (New York: Institute of War and Peace Studies, Columbia University Press, 2016).
- An article “The Consolidation of Power in Ukraine: What It Means for the West” is published at Carnegie Policy Paper Series, September 20, 2016.
Recent non-academic publications and interviews:
- An interview on contemporary art consumption for Art Chernozem, 10 April 2017.
- An interview on ideological monopoly in post-Maidan Ukraine for Polonews, 11 March 2017.
- A response to Munich Security Conference – 2017 questionair published at Carnegie EU: What is Going on with the Liberal Order?, 18 February 2017.
- An intervew on Establishment of Personalist Regime in Ukraine for Liga.Net, 14 February 2017.
- TV-debates on Revolutions and Their Role in Human History, 13 January 2017.
- Interview on 25 years of Ukrainian society’s transformation, 13 January 2017.
- Interview on Hromadske Radio on The Intellectual Legacy of Zygmund Baumann, January 10, 2017.
- Interview re research of Civic Values and Practicies of Ukrainians, Moldovans and Belarussians (in Eng), Hromadske.TV, January 7, 2017.
- Interview re research of Civic Values and Practicies of Ukrainians, Moldovans and Belarussians (in Ukr), Hromadske.TV, January 7, 2017.
- Discussion on Ukraine’s foreign policy in 2017 (in Ukr.)
- An interview on Civic literacy of Ukrainians and Crimean Identities Change (in Rus.) was published at Radio Liberty/Krym.Realii site, 3 January 2017.
- A presentation of Dictionary of Misprints at the Sherekh Festival, Kyiv-Mohyla Business School, 17 December 2016.
- An interview on Dehumanization in Network Society (in Russian), Korydor, 27 December 2016.
- A discussion on Being, Language and Misprints (based on my Dictionary of Misprints book) took place at the Sherekh Festival on December 18, 2016.
- An interview on “25 years of post-Soviet Ukraine” for Zaxid.Net, 14 December 2016.
- An series of interviews on War and Politics of Ukraine for Chroat TV HRT Vijesti, 12 – 14 December 2016.
- Discussion of Trump victory’s imact on Ukraine, Carnegie.Ru, 28 November 2016.
- Ukraine as destroyer of authoritarian systems in Ukraine (in Russian), Radio Vesti, 01.11.2016.
- Hard.Talk interview on State of Devils and Smart Authoritariansism (in Russian), 112 TV Channel, 27.09.2016.
- interview on Major Political Trends in Eastern Europe, UA:ONE TV Channel, Veresen, September 19, 2016.
- summary of Ukraine’s 25 years of independence (in Rus.), Delo, 27 August 2016.
If you are intersted in my academic projects and publications, please visit Research&Publications
You may find interesting materials at Public Events page where I post my attempts of discussing philosophical ideas with the wider audiences or apply scholarly methods for analysis of reality we live in.
I am greateful
to Nadiya Kravets for the idea of creating this web site and
to Mykhailo Koltsov who turned it into reality.