Thank you for visiting this site!
Here I report on recent events and keep materials that I find important to share with you!
- I will teach courses in “Contemporary Western Philosophy”, “Philosophy of History” and “Kant’s Critical Philosophy” at Kyiv-Mohyla Academy in the fall semester 2016.
- I will participate in the Civic Forum “In search of lost universalism“, Moscow School of Political Studies and Council of Europe, Berlin, 16-17 October 2016.
- I will participate in the Expert Workshop Eastern Partnership in Boell-Stiftung-Brussels, 19 October 2016.
Recent academic reports and publications:
- An article “The Consolidation of Power in Ukraine: What It Means for the West” is published at Carnegie Policy Paper Series, September 20, 2016.
- I taught a course of “Revolutionary Cycles of Contemporary Ukraine and Experience of Post-Communist Europe” at Viadrinicum (Ukrainian Summer School 2016) “ReThinking Europe. Pan-European Challenges in Ukrainian Perspectives“, August 22-29, 2016.
- Probably the most important of my articles in last 5 years has been finally published: The De-Modernization Current: An Approach to Understand Ethical and Political Challenges of Post-Soviet Societies, July 2016.
- My chapter on Russia’s Ukrainian Policy impact on Eastern European international order is published in ISPI Report on Russia, July 2016.
- I particiapted at Eighth International Social Science Summer School in Ukraine, War and Violent Conflict in Socialist and Post-Socialist Societies, Kharkiv, 3-9 July 2016. Just the best summer school in the world!
- I particiapted at 2016 ASEEES-MAG Summer Convention, 26 – 28 June 2016, Lviv, Ukraine: with report on Friendship in Post-Soviet Politics: between Cronyism and Solidarity and as a discussant on Ukraine’s immage in Italy.
- I participateв as in Internationaler Workshop ‘Ambivalenzen der Europäisierung’, 16./17. Juni 2016, Frankfurt/ Oder.
- A book by Yevhen Magda and Tetyana Vodotyka ‘Ihry vidobrazhen. Yakoyu bachyt Ukrainu svit?’ with my introduction is published: Anatomy of Imagination. Philosophical Inroduction, May 2016.
- I made report on ‘Politics and Authority in De-Modernizing Ideological Innovations ‘ at Conference ‘Philosophy and Social Science’, Central-European Institute of Philosophy, Prague, May 18 – 22, 2016.
- I delivered report on the New Big Europe at the conference “Rethinking Europe”, the International Society for Intellectual History, University of Crete, 3-5 May 2016 in Greece.
- An article ‘Kant’s Applied Enlightenment‘ (in Russian) at Neprikosnovennyi Zapas, #1, 2016.
- An article ‘Too Soft Power: Ukrainian cultural diplomacy in Italy (in Ukr: Надто м’яка влада: результати української культурної дипломатії в Італії, 2014–2015 рр.)‘ published in Agora, #16, 2016.
- I will report on the Political Myth of Novorossia at the 21st Annual World Convention of the Association for the Study of Nationalities, Columbia University, 14-16 April 2016 in New York.
- A report on Post-Soviet Demodernization (video in Russian is here) at European College of Liberal Arts in Belarus on 7 April 2016.
- A report on ‘Creation of conflict-resolution system in the Eastern Europe’ at the 2015-2016 Jean Monnet Seminars on European Security in Ukraine, 2 April 2016 in Kiev.
- A report on “Common trends of political development in Eurasian post-Soviet countries” at the Conference ‘The European Union and the Eurasian Economic Union: moving towards cooperation’ organized by DILHPS, University of Milano, on 7 March 2016.
- A report on “Post-Soviet_Demodernization“ at the International Conference “Demodernization: Perspectives and Approaches” that to be held in Nice, France on February 29 – March 1, 2016
- A discussion article “Paradise Lost. Ukraine in 1991-2012“ is published in Studi Slavistici, December 2015
- An overview “Post-Soviet parliamentarian drama: a view from ‘the gods’ in Kiev“, openDemocracy, February 23, 2016
- I gave a lecture on the Post-Soviet Experiments at the Bologna University, The international Master of Arts MIREES program on 12 February 2016.
- an article ‘Utopian Images of the West and Russia Among Supporters and Opponents of the Euromaidan‘ is published in a special Maidan issue of peer-review journal ‘Russian Law and Politics’ (53:3, 68-85)
- an analytical paper ‘A Decisive Turn? Risks for Ukrainian Democracy After the Euromaidan‘ is published at the Carnegie Endowment for Peace, February 3, 2016.
- an article The Event Of Primary Experience And Philosophy. Metatheory Of Experience In Kant And Quine’s Epistemologies (in Ukrainian), Sentetiae, #2/33 (2015) 64-74.
- an article “Eastern European Traumas of 20th century. Lessons of Our Political Creativity” at Agora, Kennan Institute – Kiev, December 2015.
- a talk on Future and Philosophical Approaches to It at the Kyiv-Mohyla Business School, 2 December 2015.
- a public lecture on the Visual and Ideology (video in Russian), Patiche Project, November 24, 2015.
- article “Ukraine is caught between war and reform“, OpenDemocracy, November 26, 2015.
- report on The Visual and Ideology at the Visual Problems Lecture Series, Harms Caffee, Kiev, at 19:00 on November 24.11.2015.
- report on The Novorossian Myth and Eastern European Un-Recognized Nations at the conference “Ukraine’s historical and contemporary interlockings: A transnational perspective on transformations“, organized by The Institute for Transformations Studies (FIT) at European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) and the German Association for East European Studies (DGO) Frankfurt (Oder), November 5‐6, 2015.
Recent non-academic publications and interviews:
- interview on Major Political Trends in Eastern Europe, UA:ONE TV Channel, Veresen, September 19, 2016.
- interview on Ukrainian Society in Times of War, Delo.Ua, August 25, 2016.
- article on Ukrainian liberal parties and DemAlliance, openDemocracy, August 15, 2016.
- interview on Post-Soviet Disorder for Russian Financial TV, August 9, 2016.
- article on Dangers of post-Soviet Presidential Institutions (in Russian) for VoxUkraine, June 14, 2016.
- interview on Authoritarian Regimes in Central Asia (in Ukrainian) for Espresso.TV (23”-50”), May 28, 2016.
- interview on Authoritarian Trend in Ukraine (in Russian) for Ukrlife.Tv, May 27, 2016.
- interview on Ukraine’s chaotic modernization (in Ukrainian) for Idealist TV, April 2016.
- article ‘Ukraine From Revolution of Dignity to Government of Shame‘ (in English), Carnegie.EU, April 11, 2016
- publiation of photocollection ‘Post-Soviet Leisure‘ in Minima Ukrainica, April 3, 2016
- interview on Routes of Ukrainian Corruption (in Russian), Aru TV (Estonia), March 23, 2016
- interview on Russia as Source of Demodernization in Post-Soviet Region (in Russian), Aru TV (Estonia), March 18, 2016
- interview on Drama of Ukrainian Politics (in Russian), Aru TV (Estonia), March 7, 2016
- article “Ukrainian constitution: reform or crisis?” (in co-authorship with Matyna Stavniichuk), open Democracy, February 16, 2016
- interview to Liga.Net on Ukrainian political trends, 5.02.2016
- report on the Major political trends in Ukraine-2015, Liga.Net, 8.02.2015
- article of trends in Ukrainian politcs and economy in 2015 (in co-authorship with Timofei Milovanov), Liga.net, February 8, 2016
- article of EU Ukraine’s policy “Letter from Kiev“, Carnegie.EU 06.11.2015
- article “Did the Orange Revolution teach us anything?“, Politeka.net, 22.10.2015
- 2nd report of the Ukraine Reforms Monitor, (in co-authorship with 6 other colleagues) Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, October 6, 2015
- Contributor to the 1st report of The Ukrainian Reforms Monitor, at Carnegie Center for International Peace, August 2015.
- Interview for Radio France Internations, ‘We are doomed for a compromise‘, 13/08.2015
- The New Ukrainian Exceptionalism (in co-authorship with Matthew Rojansky), Yale Global, 23.06.2015
- The unlikely return of Yulia Tymoshenko, openDemocracy, 17.06.2015
- Ukraine and Lost Communities in Crimea and Donbas, Radio Liberty, 8.06.2015
- Requiem for Maidan, openDemocracy, 27.03.2015
If you are intersted in my academic projects and publications, please visit Research&Publications
You may find interesting materials at Public Events page where I post my attempts of discussing philosophical ideas with the wider audiences or apply scholarly methods for analysis of reality we live in.
I am greateful
to Nadiya Kravets for the idea of creating this web site and
to Mykhailo Koltsov who turned it into reality.