Thank you for visiting this site!
Here I report on recent events and keep materials that I find important to share with you!
- I look forward to teaching 3 courses in winter semester 2018/19 at the Viadrina University: 1) Contemporary studies of ideology; 2) Philosophy of Revolution; 3) Introduction into contemporary political philosophy.
- I am eager to talk on Ukrainian political cutlure and upcoming elections to the Bosch Alumni Association – Berlin, 28 January 2019.
- Cannot wait the opportunity to participate in the Winter Debates of the Students’ Republic, March 2019.
Recent academic reports and publications:
- A review of my book “Development and Dystopia” by Maryna Rabinovych was published at the Journal of Soviet- and Post-Soviet Politics and Society.
- I made a report on “Post-Soviet de facto states as Radical Periphery” at the International Workshop “Secessions in Europe” Between the Statehood Claims and Conflict Resolution“, Europe University Viadrina, December 6, 2018.
- Tatiana Shchyttsova and my conceptual introduction into Logos and Pathos. Humanities in the Conditions of War is published in the common issue of Ideology and Politics Journal (#3(11) 2018) and Topos Journal (#2, 2018), December 2018.
- Alexander Etkind’s and my conceptual introduction into post-Soviet transit and demodernization is published in the Ideology and Politics Journal (#1(9) 2018), November 2018.
- I reported on Universalism and Populism at the 4th Berlin Forum “In Search of Lost Universalism” November 2018.
- A book “Critical Years. Imporatnt pages of Ukrianian Revolution” (in Russian) with my introduction was published by the Laurus Publishers in Kiev, November 2018.
- Stefano Bianchini’s and my joint article on “State-building Politics after the Yugoslav and Soviet Collapse: The Western Balkans and Ukraine in a Comparative Perspective. An Introduction” is published at the Southeastern Europe Journal (3(42), 2018, pp. 291-304).
- The new issue of Southeastern Europe Journal dedicated to ‘State-Building Politics after the Yugoslav and Soviet Collapse – The Western Balkans and Ukraine in a Comparative Perspective’ is published. Prof. Stefano Bianchini and I were co-editors of this issue.
- Russian-language version of my article on Novorossian Myth in Transnational Perspective is published at the Forum noveishei vostochnoyevropeiskoi istorii i kultury, October 2018.
- I am very thankful to Dr. Marco Puleri for discussion at my book’s Development and Dystopia presentation at the Bologna University on October 26, 2018.
- It was an honour to discuss the memory role in peace-making at the Kennan Alumni Conference in Sarajevo on October 17, 2018.
- Hugely gratefull to Gwendolyn Sasse and Wilfried Jilge for discussion at my book’s Development and Dystopia presentation at ZOiS on October 11, 2018.
- Our article, written together with Ghia Nodia and Denis Cenusa, was published as a chapter “Towards becoming European-style Democracies” in a book: Emerson M. et al. (eds). “The Struggle for Good Governance in Eastern Europe” (London: Rowman and Littlefeld, 2018) pp. 9-54.
- My chapter on “Civil Society and the Power Elites after the Euromaidan in Ukraine. Competition, Cooperation, and Fusion” was published in: David Horton Smith, Alisa V. Moldavanova, and Svitlana Krasynska (eds). The Nonprofit Sector in Eastern Europe, Russia, and Central Asia. Civil Society Advances and Challenges (Leiden: Brill, 2018) 174-190.
- I reported on Soviet roots of post-Soviet regional clans at the BASEES conference “Regimes and Societies in Conflict: Eastern Europe and Russia since 1956” at Uppsala University, October 12-15, 2018.
- The book Demodernization. A Future in The Past (ibidem Verlag/Columbia University Press) edited by Prof. Yakov Rabkin and myself is finally out in August 2018.
- I taught a course in “Post-Soviet Political Systems and Cultures (1991-2017)” at the Summer school “Post-Soviet Governance: Theories, Cases, Actors” (Issyk-Kul, Kyrgyzstan,12-22 July 2018)
- On July 4, 2018 I discussed my book “Development and Dystopia: Studies in post-Sovier Ukraine and Eastern Europe” with Dr. Susann Worschech and Prof. Andrii Portnov at Europe University Viadrina.
Recent non-academic publications and interviews:
- My interview on the martial law in Ukraine for OstWest TV Channel in Berlin was published on November 26, 2018.
- My interview “Ukraine predicted the future for other post-Soviet countries” was published at the ZOiS on October 10, 2018.
- Great discussion of my book Development and Dystopia and the edited volume of Demodernization.A Future in the Past with Liudmila Nemyria at Ukrlife.TV, October 2018.
- I presented my book Development and Dystopia and the edited volume of Demodernization.A Future in the Past at Andrei Buzarov’s TV Program, September 2018.
- My interview on populism in Ukraine is published at the VoxUkraine (in Eng, Ukr and Rus), May 2018.
- My interview on democratic progress in Ukraine is published at the Cairn.Info (France) in April 2018.
If you are intersted in my academic projects and publications, please visit Research&Publications
You may find interesting materials at Public Events page where I post my attempts of discussing philosophical ideas with the wider audiences or apply scholarly methods for analysis of reality we live in.
I am greateful
to Nadiya Kravets for the idea of creating this web site and
to Mykhailo Koltsov who turned it into reality.