Thank you for visiting this site!
Here I report on recent events and keep materials that I find important to share with you!
- A new issue of the Ideology and Politics Journal dedicated to the fate of philosophy after the USSR dissolution was published on May 14, 2022.
- My article on the Soviet philosophical condition was published in the Ideology and Politics Journal on May 14, 2022.
Recent academic reports and publications:
- My lecture “The Development of Post-Soviet Ukrainian Statehood, 1991-2022” (March 29, 2022) at the Tallinna Ülikool I Tallinn University was published online on April 22, 2022.
- On March 2, 2022, our book — Minakov. M. (ed.). Inventing Majorities. Ideological Creativity in Post-Soviet Societies. Suttgart: ibidem Verlag, 2022 — was published.
- Here you can see a discussion of Lev Gudkov’s book on the Returnable Totalitarianism (NLO, 2022) (in Russian), February 11, 2022.
- My study of 100 years of Ukraine’s political system was published in Spanish as “El centenario del sistema político Ucraniano: Historia, estructura y dinámica” in: Brinkmann, Sören, Rodríguez Rodríguez, Angélica, and Rouvinski, Vladimir (eds.). (2022). Entre Este y Oeste. Estado, nación y conflicto en la Ucrania contemporánea. Bogotá: Tirant lo Blanch, 73–126.
- My lecture on the collective memory and ideological monopoly in Ukraine (in Ukrainian) was published on Sturespublika on February 2, 2022.
- My book “Диалектика современности в Восточной Европе” was published in Italian as “Dialettica della modernità nell’Europa orientale. Una riflessione socio-filosofica” (Milano: Ledizioni).
- My essay on 30 years of the post-Soviet nomade “La caduta dell’URSS: 30 anni di transizione” was published in Italian at La Nuova Europa, December 2021 – January 2022.
- The first annual 2021 volume of the Kοινὴ. The Almanac of Philosophical Essays was published on December 31, 2021.
- Our discussion with Alexander Etkind “We have no postcolonial theory as such, but only different imperial experiences” was published at eSamizdat (2021 XIV, pp. 185-190) on December 31, 2021.
- My article “UNIVERSAL SIGNIFICANCE OF THE BELARUSSIAN PROTEST — 2020 AND OF OTHER POST-SOVIET PROTEST MOVEMENTS” was published in the TOPOS Journal of Philosophy on December 28, 2021.
- My essay on the dissolution of the USSR and post-Soviet transition (in Italian Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3) was published at the La Nuova Europa, December 20, 2021.
- Prof. Georgii Kasianov and I presented our approach to contemporary history on the example of post-Soviet Ukraine at the Historical webinar, on December 9, 2021.
- Prof. Yakov Rabkin and I presented our book “Demodernization. A Future in the Past” (in Russian) at the International Conference of Sociologists of Science, Saint-Petersbourg, December 5, 2021.
- My chapter “El centenario del sistema político ucraniano: historia, estructura y dinámica” was published in the book: Brinkmann, S.; Rodríguez Rodríguez, A. y Rouvinski, V. (2021). Entre Este y Oeste. Estado, nación y conflicto en la Ucrania contemporánea. Colombia: Universidad Icesi y Tirant lo Blanch. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18046/EUI/tirant.2021.3
- Text of my report on the achievements of post-Soviet democracy and autocracy was published at Sapere Aude, 28 October 2021.
- My article “Post-Soviet Sovereignty and Ukraine’s Political Development” was published in Ukraine Analytica journal, October 2021.
- I made a report on “The Mass Protest Outcomes in the Times of Autocratization: The Belarus Case” at an International Seminar “The New Belarus: Societal Change, Regime Repression, and Western Reactions” (organized by the German Association for East European Studies (DGO) and the Centre for East European and International Studies (ZOiS)(, Berlin, 6/7 October 2021.
- My interview based on the assessment of political and economic outcomes of the post-Soviet transit was published in Sapere Aude Podcast on October 6, 2021.
- I made a report on “Complexity of Periphery: Typology of States in New Eastern Europe” at the panel “Variants of Post-Soviet Peripheries, 10th ICCEES World Congress, on 8 August 2021.
- A discussion of our book “From ‘the Ukraine’ to Ukraine. A Contemporary History, 1991-2021” with Andrii Portnow and Timm Beichelt was published on the website of the Institute for European Studdies, Europa Universitaet Viadrina, on 22 June 2021.
- My chapter “Democratisation and Europeanisation in 21st Century Ukraine” is published in the Emerson, M., Cenușă, D., Kovziridze, T. & Movchan, V. (eds.), The Struggle for Good Governance in Eastern Europe, Brussels: CEPS; Lanham, MA: Rowman & Littlefield, 2021: 83-120.
- My article on Ukraine’s near future development models (in Italian) was published in the LIMES journal, 12 July 2021.
- I delivered the report “Re-defining the Russian People: Heideggerian Philosophy and Contemporary Russia’s Conservative Turn” at the International Conference “Populism and Anti-liberalism: Practices, Challenges and Counteractions”, Malaga University, June 24, 2021.
- I delivered a report on Ukrainian Science’s post-Soviet Path at the panel “Transformations of Science Policy In Post-Soviet Academic Institutions: Tendencies, Contradictions, Perspectives” at MAG Congress, Minsk 23-25 June 2021.
- My essay “The Ideological Creativity. A Conceptual Introduction” (in Russian) was published at the Kοινὴ. The Almanac of Philosophical Essays, June 15, 2021.
- I delivered the report on the Thirty Years of Ukraine’s Democratization Attempts (video of the seminar can be seen HERE) at the Instytut Europy Środkowej, June 15, 2021.
- I reported on “THIRTY YEARS OF UKRAINE’S DEMOCRATIZATION” at the INTERNATIONAL ONLINE SEMINAR “CHALLENGES TO DEMOCRACY IN A TIME OF GREAT CHANGES” organized by SIKORSKY KYIV POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE & UKRAINIAN NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES on May 31, 2021.
- I delivered a report on “Transition of the post-Communist Transition Concept” at the INALCO International Conference “Thirty years after the disintegration of the CMEA: what lessons for Europe today?” on May 28, 2021.
- I delivered a report on The Europeanization as the Contested Concept: Values, Ideology, and Realpolitik at 2021 Jean Monnet International Conference ”Towards a More Secure Digital Europe: Multilevel Governance for Countering Online Disinformationand Hybrid Threats” in Odessa on May 24, 2021.
- I am happy to announce that a new issue (#1 2021) of the Ideology and Politics Journal dedicated to Universalism in a Time of Sovereigntism was published on May 1, 2021:
- introduction to the issue can be read HERE
- my article “The Soviereigntist Turn: Sovereignty as a Contested Concept Again” was published in the issue
- I delivered a report on the Transitions of the post-Soviet Transition Concept at the ASN 2021 Convention, May 8, 2021.
- My first Italian column on Photosophy was published at Antinomie on March 24, 2021.
- I delivered the report “National Security and Private Ownership on Channels of Communication: US and European Contexts” at the 2021 Jean Monnet European Cybersecurity Days in Ukraine, Odesa Law Academy, March 26, 2021.
- It was truly an intellectual delight to participate in the Kennan Institute’s discussion with Nina Jankovich, Angelina Kariakina, and Viktor Andrusiv on Freedom of Speech and War with Propaganda in Ukraine, March 13, 2021.
- It was a pleasure participating in the seminar “European experience of peacemaking and of overcoming social traumas” (EU Delegation in Ukraine, TeamEurope Network, and Zaporizhzhia State University) with my report on “Strategic Tolerance lessons for the Divided Nations”, March 12, 2021.
- Our collective work on demodernization is translated into Italian and published on February 18, 2021, as: DEMODERNIZZAZIONE. Un futuro nel passato.
- I was happy to present our new book “The Post-Soviet Secessionism” (ibidem 2021) online for the UkeTube, Feb 18, 2021.
- Georgii Kasianov and I have presented a collective book of the history of contemporary Ukraine “From ‘The Ukraine’ to Ukraine. A Contemporary History, 1991-2021” online for the UkeTube, February 26, 2021.
Recent non-academic publications and interviews:
- Iliya Kusa’s and mine analysis on Ukrainian – Russian negotiations so far was published at Kennan Focus Ukraine (in English) and ISPI (in Italian), on April 14, 2022.
- My analysis of Zelensky’s and Putin’s personal factors in the Russian – Ukrainian war was published on April 13, 2022.
- My analysis of Ukraine’s EU Membership perspective is published at ISPI in Milan on April 11, 2022.
- My interview to CNN re the situation in Ukraine (in English), February 18, 2022.
- I participated in the panel on Ukrainian strategic security issues and reations with Russia at the Cultural Center of Milan, February 15, 2022.
- A TV discussion of contemporary history (in Ukrainian) with the participation of Georgii Kasianov, Mykola Veresen and myself were published at the Analizuj.TV, December 15, 2021.
- My analysis of the glocal political trends in 2021-22 (in Russian) was published as a video at the UKRLIFE.TV, December 6, 2021.
- My analysis of Zelensky’s image dissolution and decrease of his rating was published in Kennan Focus Ukraine, November 2, 2021.
- My analysis of the Afghanistan Syndrome and its impact on the US relations with the allies and partners was published in English and Italian, September 2021.
- My analysis of Ukraine’s achievements in the recent 30 years was published in English, Italian, and German, September 2021.
- My analysis of the philosophical background of the Vachovskys’ Matrix was published on Zaborona, September 18, 2021.
- My interview with Marta Dell’Asta on Ukraine’s 30 years (in Italian) was published at La nuova Europa, August 23, 2021.
- My interview on ideological processes in Ukraine was published at the UkrLife.TV, July 13, 2021.
- My interview on the current political situation in Ukraine was published at the Commons, June 15, 2021.
- My report on “The Good Long Solidary Will” (text and video are in Ukrainian) at the Studrepublika’s seminar “Politics and Progress” were published on April 24, 2021.
If you are interested in my academic projects and publications, please visit Research&Publications
You may find interesting materials on the Public Events page where I post my attempts of discussing philosophical ideas with the wider audiences or apply scholarly methods for the analysis of the reality we live in.
I am grateful
to Nadiya Kravets for the idea of creating this web site and
to Mykhailo Koltsov who turned it into reality.