Thank you for visiting this site!
Here I report on recent events and keep materials that I find important to share with you!
- I am happy to teach three courses in the summer semestar 2018 at the Europe University Viadrina: 1) Non-Western Philosophies of History, 2) History of Post-Soviet Separatism and Reconciliation (1991 – 2017), 3) History of Post-Soviet Ukraine (April – July 2018).
- I am looking forward to participate in the Ninth International Social Science Summer School in Ukraine dedicated to the topic of “Memories and Legacies of Revolutions: Continuity and Disruption, 19th-21st centuries” (Zaporizhzhya), 25-30 June 2018.
- Looking forward to publication of Demodernization. A Future in The Past (ibidem Verlag/Columbia University Press) edited by Prof. Yakov Rabkin and myself in May 2018.
- Looking forward to publication of ‘Government–NGOs Relationship in Africa, Asia, Europe, and MENA‘ (ed. Raffaele Marchetti, Rutledge 2018) with my chapter “The Third Sector Entering The First: Cooperation and Competition of Civil Society, State and Oligarchs after Euromaidan in Ukraine“.
Recent academic reports and publications:
- My blog on The Authoritarian Belt in Europe’s East is published in the Kennan Focus Ukraine, May 15, 2018.
- The text of my public lecture on global social revolutions is published by Studrespublica team, May 3, 2018.
- It was a pleasure to participate in debates with Prof. Andrii Portnov and Prof. Susann Worschech on “Political power and the critical stance: Ukrainian Studies Before and After the Maidan” at the Institute for European Studies, Europe University Viadrina on April 17, 2018.
- I reported on “Post-Soviet Spiritual Transit: From Free Conscience to State-Clerical Symphony” at the “War and Peace and Religion: Religious Freedom during Russian-Ukrainian Conflict” at Yaroslav the Wise National Law University on April 12-14, 2018 (Kharkiv, Ukraine).
- My book “Development and Dystopia. Studies in Post-Soviet Ukraine and Eastern Europe” is published by ibidem-Verlag and Columbia State University Press in March 2018.
- I reported on “Historical argumentation and political myths among separatist supporters living in South-Eastern Ukraine (2014–16)” at the ‘Temporality and Statehood’ Workshop organized by German Historical Institute, Warsaw, 20-21 March 2018.
- I have delivered report “Contestation of Time and Space in post-Soviet Ukraine” at the international conference “Contested Spaces“, March 2, 2018.
- An analytical paper on Ukraine Strategic Challenges is published on Kennan Focus Ukraine, 13 February 2018.
- An analytical paper on Ukraine and Intermarium project (in Italian) were published today, 13 February 2018.
- I was honored to participate in the conference “A Demodernization. A Global and Comparative History” at European Institute University (5-10 December 2018); my report is on “Demodernization in contemporary Ukraine” at 11:00 on February 10, 2018.
- I was glad to deliver a report on “Cycles of Revolution in Ukraine” at the Cambridge Committee for Russian and East European Studies, Cambridge University (Umney Theatre, Robinson College) on February 8, 2018.
- In cooperation with Matt Rojansky we wrote and published a paper: “Democracy in Ukraine: Are We There Yet?“, Kennan Cable #30:2018, 1-17 (January 30, 2018).
- A book ‘Literature and Ideology‘ (in Ukr:Література та ідеологія: колективна монографія/[наук. ред. та упоряд. Моренець ВП]; Нац. ун-т” Києво-Могилянська академія”.-Київ:[НаУКМА], 2017.-482 с.) with my two chapters– “Subjection and Thought. Philosophy and ideology in USSR” and “The Choice of 1991. Assessment of democracy, independence and and Soviet legacy by Ukrainians in times of revolt and war“—is finally published.
- New issue of Ideology and Politics Journal is published as Post-Soviet Transit between Revolution and Restoration — Issue 2 (8), 2017 last month. My introductory article can be accessed here.
- A paper on “Democracy and Its Deficits: the way of Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine towards becoming European-style democracies” in co-authorship with Ghia Nodia and Denis Cenusa is published at Centre for European Policy Studies policy papers serices, December 2017.
- My report on “Photosophy: Where Photography meets Philosophy” (report is in Ukrainian; excript of book in English is here) was delivered on 16 December 2017.
- I delivered a keynote report on”After Great Revolution: Soviet Modernization and Demodernization” at International workshop “The Ukrainian experiment: State-Building in practice (1917-22),” German Historical Institute in France, 11-12 December 2017.
- I made a report on “Revolutionary Legacy of 1917 in 20th century” at the German-Russian Forum, 4-7 December 2017, Adenauer Stiftung, Berlin.
- I made a report on “Radical Periphery. De Facto States in World-System Analysis” at Workshop “European Peripheries: Transdiscplinary perspectives”, European-University Viadrina, 1 December 2017.
- My paper “Between Power Vertical and Liberal Democracy. Political Regime after Euromaidan” is published at Agora Journal, November 28, 2017.
- On 20 November 2017 my interview dedicated to current state of Euopean Studies was published in the MES Viadrina Newsletter.
- On 13 November 2017 my paper “Big Aims for a Deal in Eastern Europe” was published in the Kennan Focus Ukraine.
- My discussion paper “(Not Only a) Russian Revolution: Centennial Meditations” is published in the Kennan Focus Ukraine, 7 November 2017.
- On 8 November 2018 I reported on “Eudcation and Democracy in post-Soviet Ukraine” at the International Conference “Better Education, More Democracy”, DRA, Berlin, 8 November 2017.
- On 6 November 2018 I delivered report on “Mutual Enforcement of Populism and Authoritarianism in Easter Europe” at the International Conference of Kennan Institute Alumni “Populism under a Spotlight”, WWICS and ZOiS, Berlin, 5-8 November 2017.
Recent non-academic publications and interviews:
- My interview on populism in Ukraine is published at the VoxUkraine (in Ukr and Rus), May 2018.
- My interview on democratic progress in Ukraine is published at the Cairn.Info (France) in April 2018.
- My interview with Konstantin Doroshenko on Demodernization in Eastern Europe, BitTV, 11 January 2018.
- My interview (in Russian) with Andrei Buzarov on post-Soviet Ukraine’s political system is published at Radio Vesti, 4 January 2018.
- My interview (in Russian) with Liudmila Nemyria on Long Duree Modernization in USSR and post-Soviet countries is publised on 14 December 2017.
- My interview “On Ukraine’s Republic 3,5 and Social Darvinist Regime” (in Ukrainian) was published in Respublika newspaper, December 2017.
- My paper “Big Aims for a Deal in Eastern Europe” is published at Kennan Focus Ukraine, 13 November 2017.
- My paper “(Not Only a) Russian Revolution: Centennial Meditations” was published at Kennan Focus Ukraine, 7 November 2017.
If you are intersted in my academic projects and publications, please visit Research&Publications
You may find interesting materials at Public Events page where I post my attempts of discussing philosophical ideas with the wider audiences or apply scholarly methods for analysis of reality we live in.
I am greateful
to Nadiya Kravets for the idea of creating this web site and
to Mykhailo Koltsov who turned it into reality.